SportsCrack Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

Courtney Upshaw's Acceptance Speech: English?



I've been listening to Alabama's Courtney Upshaw's acceptance speech for the defensive MVP honors at the BCS Championship about 20 times and I still can not decipher what the fuck he is saying. Is it some kind of strange Alabaman dialect that I've never heard? I think he says "take that thing fool" but I can't be sure. Either way I'm thinking the over/under for number of classes actually attended by Upshaw while in college is around 10. That might be generous. Saban has that "oh shit, take the mic away" look on his face when he realizes Upshaw is talking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He said "Touch that thing foe", as in four (#4 Mark Baron).

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Foe Sho!

Anonymous said...

he obviously said "take that thing folk"...