SportsCrack Blog

Friday, July 08, 2011

In Depressing News: Fan Falls to Tragic Death At Rangers Game



I watched this last night and felt sick to my stomach when I heard Shannon Stone, a 39 year-old Rangers fan who brought his son to the game, fell to his death last night trying to catch a foul ball thrown in the stands from Josh Hamilton. I'm kind of surprised this doesn't happen more often. You always see fans leaning over the upper deck railing trying to catch a foul ball and wonder if they could fall over with a slip or some asshole tried to push them to get to the ball. But this kind of thing is just tragic. I feel horrible for the kid who just witnessed his Dad die trying to catch him a souvenir. I don't even know how you shake something like that. Hopefully the kid is young enough where he won't quite remember it when he is older. I think it's safe to say if this kind of awful shit happened to me at that young of an age I would not be a baseball fan. I would stick with a safer spectator "sport" like Nascar.

Via TheBigLead

No comments: