SportsCrack Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sports Illustrated Cover is Bad Ass


Image via Twitter

The picture and the headline are perfect. You know right now Tiger Woods is just stewing in his big empty house at all the attention Rory McIlroy is getting. Golf is ready to move on without Tiger and if the guy doesn't get his shit together then he isn't even a top 5 golfer anymore at the age of 35.


It kind of sucks in a way.

This year the PGA Championship comes back to Atlanta Athletic Club. 10 years ago a much younger, drunker version of myself attended with some buddies for the practice rounds and final round when David Toms narrowly beat Phil Mickelson. We went to see Tiger and of course as we got more and more drinks in us we decided to heckle the shit out of him. The liquid courage made us not give a shit. We shouted "WATCH THE CAMERAS" AND "COME ON GUYS" with our best Tiger/Tony Gwynn/Dave Chapelle talking like a white guy voice during his follow through. Basically we were dicks. Now with Tiger questionable he might take that opportunity from myself. Yes I'm older and married with a newborn but I still want to heckle Tiger because I'm still kind of a dick. Thanks Tiger.

But anyways the cover of SI is fantastic and you know all the people in Boston are wicked pissah that the Bruins weren't even mentioned. The Bruins winning the Stanley Cup couldn't even get the front cover over such hot topics as the Women's World Cup and Toronto's Jose Bautista. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

By the way I'm taking 23-year old Jason Day at 30-to-1 odds to win the British Open. He finished 2nd in the Masters and the US Open and is now up to #9 in the world. He is going to win the British Open. I'm convinced. Place the bet and thank me later.

2 comments:

UncleBubba said...

This is hilarious! Im glad you told me to read it. Ill see you guys this weekend and next week.

U.Bubba

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an post he/she keeps the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
Therefore that's why this piece of writing is perfect. Thanks!



My blog post - How To create a website