SportsCrack Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

HANLEY RAMIREZ DISPLAYS HIS INNER YUNEL ESCOBAR


This is the kind of shit I can't stand in baseball. Baseball is the ultimate lazy man sport to begin with and the most you will ever have to run is around the bases is on a home run. Most of the time you just stand around and spit. Trust me, I do it every Saturday in my rec league. This is why I can't stand when guys who get paid millions of dollars to play a fucking lackadaisical game give an effort like this.

Hanley Ramirez obviously doesn't give a shit about his teammates or if they win. He would rather be soaking up the Miami sun then hustle to atone for his fucking error to begin with. I know Hanley is a superstar but fuck him. I would suspend him for a week without pay for the garbage he pulled last night. Fredi Gonzalez to his credit benched him immediately after the inning due to "a lack of effort."

"He got smoked with the ball in the ankle," Gonzalez said of the foul off Ramirez's leg. "But whether he's hurt or not hurt, we felt like the effort wasn't there that we wanted. There are 24 guys out there, busting their butts."


Seeing the lack of hustle with Hanley brings back painful memories of Yunel Escobar of the Braves. Another exceptional talent who thinks the world revolves around him and his mere presence in the lineup is reason alone not to give everything he has on the field. What Hanley pulled last night was shocking to me. I've never seen a player show such an utter disregard to even trying on the field.

It's so embarrassing that the Marlins should just go ahead and trade him to the Orioles along with Josh Johnson for Garrett Atkins straight up. At least Atkins hustles when he sucks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Trade him to the O's and get what every team that trades with the O's gets! An All-Star! Players go to Baltimore to die...

JTC-CKD said...

I remember when Andruw Jones pulled that shit, Bobby sat his as quick, I don't think he even waited til the end of the inning.

God thats been a long time ago, am I that old? Crap.

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Oh Randy, damn you, you are right.

Cheese-Whistle Mcstink said...

What a doucher!