SportsCrack Blog

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

THE KENTUCKY DERBY LOOKS LIKE FUN


I think going to the Kentucky Derby at Churchhill Downs is one of those right of passages every sports fan should do. I've attended games in Wrigley, Fenway, and Notre Dame Stadium and lived to tell the stories. Unfortunately I have never been to the Derby. I've done Preakness many of times but have never gotten my ass up to Kentucky for the first leg of the Triple Crown. After seeing the mud wrestling above I think next year might be a good time to make my first trek. The infield is where all the chaos and fun happens. This year they had over 150,000 people (mind you mostly drunk) attend and their television ratings were the highest in almost two decades. Horse racing is alive and well. So is mud wrestling in bikinis. The mud wrestling video makes me proud to be an American. That and our insane tax system.

No comments: