SportsCrack Blog

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

BOBBY SCALES FINALLY GOT HIS MLB MOMENT


I have been meaning to post about this for a couple of days. Former Milton High School second baseman Bobby Scales got his first major league hit yesterday off reigning Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum. After 11 long years of only playing in the minor leagues it was great to see a former Milton baseball player who I once played with get his shot at big league pitching for the first time in his career.

Scales had garnered over 3300 minor league at-bats with 4 different organizations before finally getting his call up two days ago. To see him rock a solid single opposite field off Lincecum gave me the chills. Scales has always played for the love of the game and was always known as a "hustle" guy who always busted his ass. I feel great for him and I hope he can stay with the Cubs till the end of the season although that is in doubt when Carlos Zambrano comes back off the DL. He deserves it for gutting it out all these years. God knows I wouldn't.

But nevertheless this day in Sportscrack is dedicated to Bobby. You can check out his first hit and his great diving stop to rob a hit with this video from MLB. Scales now joins Kyle Farnsworth(fellow Milton grad), Michael Barrett, Nick Green, and Corey Patterson in a list of players I either played against or with during my non illustrious baseball career.

If you want to book me for an autograph show you can email me at crappybaseballplayer@sportscrack.com

HT: Yahoo

No comments: