SportsCrack Blog

Monday, April 13, 2009

BOOB GRAB CAUGHT AT THE MASTERS


Other than this random boob grab on the 15th hole yesterday the Masters coverage on ESPN and CBS sucked. As you probably know I'm not a huge golf fan but I love to watch the Masters. It's suppose to be the best golf tournament in the world yet we only get 3-4 hours of live coverage per day? I want to see every hole and not just the back nine with the leaders. They didn't start live coverage till 3:30 on Saturday which meant all of America missed Tiger's third round for the most part. That seems pretty smart on their part. The one player that everybody identifies with and knows is shown for all of ten minutes finishing up his round. I was forced to watch the coverage on the internet via masters.org which just isn't the same as watching it on live HD television.

Both Tiger and especially Phil put on a hell of a show. Phil's front nine 30 was one of the best stretches of clutch golf that I have ever seen. I don't like Phil but I found myself rooting for him. You could see Tiger seething as Phil was getting the crowd behind him. Both players would wind up non factors though as Kenny Perry appeared to be on the cusp of winning his first major. A Masters green jacket no less. But then it all came crashing down. He finished bogey bogey on 17th and 18th to blow a two stroke lead and force a 3 man sudden death playoff with Chad Campbell and Angel Cabrera.

And of course the one guy who doesn't speak English wins as Cabrera captured his second major on the 2nd playoff hole because Perry and Campbell choked. It was memorable because of the Perry choke. It could have been even more memorable if we could have the option of watching more coverage starting in the morning. They only play this little golf tournament once a year. I don't think it's asking too much to start showing live coverage beginning at 10 am all four rounds. If I want it I sure as hell know golf fanatics want it.

And more boob grabs too while were at it.

Video HT: Deadspin

No comments: