SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2008

OKAY I PICKED THE WRONG NL TEAM


My apologies to all the Sportscrack heads out there who went and threw away their tiny left overs of a 401k and a shitty mortgage on the fact that I picked the Dodgers in the World Series over the Phillies. If I knew Rafael Furcal was going to spend more time picking cliffhangers than getting on base for Man Ram to knock him in then I would have never gone with the fucking Dodgers. Congratulations go out to the Phillies who will be making their first World Series appearance since Mitch Williams made his enduring impression on Joe Carter's bat. I somehow managed to get all 4 of my division series picks right but if the Rays win 1 of the next 3 games against the rather pathetic looking Sox then I will be 0 for 2 in league series picks. But you know like any true degenerate we are not going to let that Nancy Kerrigan us and question why things happen. Nope, we are going to ride this dwindling gravy train and put everything on the American League in the World Series. They are the better league right?

Image HT: Blogging via Typewriter

2 comments:

Cheese-Whistle Mcstink said...

Man, I really don't like the Phillies . I'm still bitter about 1993.

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Yeah, I'm still bitter of the Blue Jays, the Twins, and the Yankees. All 3 of those series the Braves should have won.