SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, May 22, 2008

STANLEY CUP TROPHY MONTAGE


Video HT: AwfulAnnouncing

I got the good fortune this past January to attend the NHL Player's Party during the All-Star game weekend here in Atlanta and personally see the Stanley Cup up close. Something is magical about it. Granted I had a few drinks in me but I still got a case of the goosebumps as soon as I saw it. I couldn't help but stare at it in amazement like I was 12 years old all over again after I ordered the Spice Channel so me and my buds could watch it. It is by far the best trophy in all of sports and easily the most recognized throughout the world. Lord Stanley Cup is a representation of the blood, sweat and tears every NHL player battles through their whole life just to get a chance to raise it. This Saturday the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins will battle for the right to hoist it. I will be watching but I wonder if you will? Be so kind and participate in the poll on the right sidebar of this page.

Prediction: Penguins take it in 6.

No comments: