SportsCrack Blog

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

NO KOVY IN THE NHL ALL-STAR GAME


I find it hard to believe that the Thrashers Ilya Kovalchuk, the NHL's leading goal scorer and probably it's MVP in the first half did not garner enough votes to be named starter for the East Conference.

Kovalchuk, who finished sixth in Eastern Conference voting with 173,629 votes, leads the NHL with 34 goals and is third in points with 59.

6TH PLACE! Either the Canadians really fucked him over or his own fans in Atlanta simply weren't paying attention to the ballot when they punched their choice. Oh wait, I am one of those fans. In fact I own two authentic Kovy jerseys and routinely lose my voice every time I watch the Thrashers play. But I voted for the guy because I thought he deserved the recognition. The only way a NHL player gets recognition is if they are banging Elisha Cuthbert or some other starlet these days.

The worst part is the All-Star game is in Atlanta this year. Other leagues would have rigged the voting to make sure their host city is represented in the starting lineup but of course Gary Bettman missed out on the whole marketing strategy for this year's game.

Anyways, Kovy is an All-Star starter in my heart. And yes, I have a serious man crush on the guy. He has carried the Thrashers on his back in the first half.

No comments: