SportsCrack Blog

Friday, November 16, 2007

GOOD BYE OREGON AND DENNIS DIXON
Well, it was fun while it lasted for the Oregon Ducks. The Ducks got exposed by an average Arizona Wildcats last night in front of a packed house and not only suffered the curse of another #2 team to lose to an unranked opponent this year but also lost their leading Heisman contending QB in Dennis Dixon to a knee injury. With the Ducks now shot down this opens the door for Kansas or any other Big 12 team(Missouri and Oklahoma) for that matter to make it to the BCS title game if one of them wins out.

So what does it mean for the Heisman? It should have been Tim Tebow's to lose in the first place even before Dixon went down with an injury but now it becomes even more apparent. Sure Chase Daniel could make his case if he send Missouri to a Big 12 Championship game but I think Tebow is the better player and deserves it as long as he keeps putting up the numbers he has in the SEC. The fucking guy has 19 rushing touchdowns for Christ's sake! Anyways, last night was again proof that all the pundits out there, including myself, don't know shit when it comes to College Football this season. I knew the Wildcats would give them a game but I thought Oregon would be able to handle them with a strong Jonathan Stewart performance. By the way Stewart, if he comes back, would be the best back in the nation next season.

As for the BCS scenarios I'm not so sure people should be penciling in LSU into the title game. I think if Georgia can somehow make the SEC Championship game in Atlanta then they can beat the Tigers behind a strong performance from the legs of Knowshon Moreno, or Special K as I call him, and the big arm of Matthew Stafford. Of course Georgia would need to win their final SEC game against Kentucky and hope for Tennessee to slip up which I think they will against Vandy to get to the SEC Championship. So if LSU gets beat which I think is 50/50 right now, then who gets the other spot against the Big 12 Champion for the BCS Title?

WEST FUCKIN VIRGINIA!!!

Personally I hope this happens because I would love to see Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Noel "Ain't It" Devine go against one of the high scoring Big 12 Championship teams. I really don't care if it's Oklahoma, Missouri, or Kansas because all 3 teams have been highly entertaining to watch and a match up with West Virginia would be a wild shoot out reminiscent of the BCS Title game two years ago.

A playoff is what we need no doubt. Just think if every playoff game was as electric as last night in Tuscon. This is what we would get for 3-4 straight weeks....

There is no way I could have held out that long in not rushing the field with a funnel hat and whip cream covering my nipples in delight while laying a booze dripping wet one on Mike Stoops. Don't judge me people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not to sound like a dickhead, but this is like the 4th time i've read uga needs to be both kentucky and tech to get to the sec championship, and that just isn't accurate at all

if uga beats kentucky, that leaves them at 6-2 in the sec, and they'd need a tennessee loss regardless to make it to the game (leaving them at 5-3)

ga tech does not affect that outcome at all

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

My bad there anony, a honest mistake on my part.

Just to clarify, Georgia wins tomorrow they sit at 6-2 in the SEC. Tennessee needs to lose one of two games left on their schedule, either Vanderbilt or Kentucky, and Georgia will play LSU in the SEC Championship.

And yes, I want this to happen so I can have an excuse to tailgate in Atlanta in consecutive weeks. It's for the love of the tailgate, the beer and the poon.