SportsCrack Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007


CONGRATULATIONS NAVY
I should have posted this yesterday but I was too drunk to type let alone put a rational thought together(I know what you are thinking..rational thought, has there ever been one on this blog?) after watching Navy finally beat Notre Dame. I've always appreciated the Naval Academy for what they provide our country and I felt really happy yesterday for all the Middies out there that they could finally celebrate a victory. I may be a Notre Dame fan but I was born in Annapolis and have spent as much time on the grounds of the Naval Academy as I have on the hallowed grounds of the Notre Dame campus.

So congrats go out to the Midshipmen.

With that being said I want to let out some frustrations from yesterday. In essense I should only type FUCK YOU CHARLIE but it doesn't do justice to what I really feel. You kick the fucking field goal to win the fucking game you stupid arrogant idiot. You recruited the kicker and instead of showing your confidence in him you decided to go for it on 4th and 8 instead of trying to kick a winning 41 yard field goal. Your fucking arrogance is laughable. Even Charlie Jr. rolled his eyes when you made the call.

Not only that but you did a fake field goal in the first half on 4th and 13, running your slow starting QB thinking he may pull a Travis Thomas and run it for a first down. You fucking idiot, did you really think Evan Sharpley was going to run for 15 yards there? Worse of all you could have gotten your starting QB injured on a horrible play call and then you would have been forced to bring in an injured Jimmy Clausen in to do handoffs.

Get your fat overbloated head out of your ass and think before you decide to again pass up a game winning field goal try for a futile pass attempt. The game was tied you dumb fuck and I don't give a shit about the wind or your excuses for not kicking it.

Everybody in the stadium had the look of what the fuck just happened when you went for it on 4th down. My patience has run thin with Charlie. This season lies squarely on his shoulders. You alone lost the game yesterday against an inferior opponent. I no longer feel confidence in Weis and his coaching abilities, or disability for that matter.

Matt Fairchild's liver says "FUCK YOU CHARLIE."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one correction Matt...........it's not Charlie's arrogance that does this...........it's his stubbornness!

Mac G said...

I caught the end of OT but that is it. I heard about the FG at the end but did not realize the stupid fake field goal. I have a question for you Matt, why are still watching Notre Dame football so intently?

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Mac G, have you ever heard of the word masochist? What other reason would there be to put myself through this humilating, horrible season?

But like the idiot I am I guess I will keep watching because a part of me says that Charlie can't be that bad of a coach all of a sudden.